Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Alright, so it's pretty apparent that I'm posting a blog way past the due date, but I think we all can agree that December was so ridiculously busy that I might be forgiven.

As the first day of practicum approaches, I am feeling anticipation, excitement, but still wrought with worry. There are too many what if's to start thinking of them all. Instead, I've decided to not think about anything until I get to the school. It just seemed easier than stressing myself out over what may or may not happen.

I have thought a lot about how I'm going to present myself on the first day and week. This is when the students and the teachers are seeing me for the first time and you only get that one first impression. In many discussions over the semester, we talked about “the first day” and what you set on the first day is what the rest of the year will look like. I am taking this fully into account. Who knows where we'll end up, and having connections with teachers could aid in getting a job or a recommendation in the future. The teachers, therefore, need to see us in a professional manner just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment